Are you an ACE at planning and throwing a great party? Or maybe you’re a CHAMP at organizing and pulling off the flawless event? Then we’ve got an opportunity for you!
The club is looking for a Summer Socials Director to join the club’s board of directors.
This volunteer coordinator oversees all aspects of the WPTC’s Summer Socials. The primary goal is to create and organize fun, memorable monthly social events focused on playing tennis, while allowing time for members to socialize with each other over food and drink.
- Planning all aspects of the club’s regular monthly summer socials – May, June, July
- Planning the club’s participation in the annual Lakewood TC / Wash Park TC Challenge – August
- Identify/define event dates, themes and formats
- Promote the event, including input on the communication plan (in collaboration with fellow board members)
- Manage event budget
- Work with league coordinator to secure court permits
- Recruit volunteers to assist you (optional)
- Purchase and deliver tennis balls
- Create the on-court schedule (aka “draw”)…assistance is available if needed
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including...
- Managing volunteers (if applicable)
- Welcoming guests
- Answering questions
- Taking photographs
- Acquire, deliver and setup hospitality area at the event, including…
- Tables, Chairs, Trash and Recycling bins
- Tablecloths, Cups, Plates, Napkins, Flatware, Serving Utensils
- Food, Drinks and Ice
- Complimentary Annual Individual WPTC Membership
- Get to know fun and interesting people
- Hone your organizational skills
- Show off your creative side
- Give back to the tennis community
Get involved today -- join the WPTC Board as the Summer Socials Director!Contact the WPTC President
for more information or to be considered for the position.